CADEX Alarm Watch
Easy Set-Up Guide
Download your CADEX 12 Alarm Medication Reminder and Medical ALERT Watch Quick Set-Up Guide in PDF format. Click here:
e-pill CADEX Alarm Watch quick guides in other Languages
How to quickly set up your e-pill CADEX
Please follow these instructions for a quick set-up. For full description of usage and settings please see the Instruction Manual
The e-pill CADEX has four (4) different setting modes.To change from one mode to another, press MODE repeatedly.
TIME: Set Time & Date
1) Press MODE repeatedly until the time and date appears if not already shown.
2) Press and hold ADJUST until Hours digits start to flash. Press FORWARD or REVERSE to select the Hour. Please note the P for PM and A for AM.
3)Press MODE to record the Hour.
4) Press FORWARD or REVERSE to select the Minutes.
5)Press MODE to record the Minutes.
6)Repeat the steps to set the Seconds, Year, Month and Date.
7)Press ADJUST to accept your settings and return to TIME mode.
ALARM: Set Your Alarm Times
1) Press MODE repeatedly until ALARM BANK appears.
2) Press FORWARD to bring you to AL1 (Alarm 1) or to the alarm you want to set.
You may set up to twelve (12) daily auto repeating alarms.
3) To set Alarm 1, Press and Hold ADJUST until AL1 starts to flash.
4) Press FORWARD and the Alarm Symbol will appear above AL1.
YOU MUST SEE THIS SYMBOL IF YOU WANT THE ALARM TO BEEP
5) Press MODE to record the Alarm Symbol.
6) Press FORWARD or REVERSE to select the Alarm Hour.
7) Press MODE to record the Alarm Hour.
8) Press FORWARD or REVERSE to select the Alarm Minutes.
9) Press ADJUST to accept your settings. To set more alarms (AL2 up to AL12) press FORWARD and repeat. To get back to TIME display, press MODE three times.
10) To set an optional Text Message for each Alarm, please see section further down.
When an Alarm Goes off
Take your medications and press either FORWARD or REVERSE to turn off the Alarm.
ALARM TEXT: Set Alarm Text Messages (Optional)
You can set an optional Text Message (up to 36 characters long) for each of the 12 alarms. If you are not already in the ALARM BANK display, redo steps 1-3 in previous section to bring you to the Alarm (AL1 up to AL12) you want to set a Text Message for.
1) Press MODE repeatedly until a blinking line (cursor) appears.
2) Spell the message by pressing FORWARD or REVERSE to select each desired letter, number, character or space between words.Possible Characters:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . # + - ! [space]
3) Press MODE to move to the next character. To go back and correct a previous character, press and hold MODE and the cursor will go backwards.
5) Once Text Message is entered completely, press ADJUST to accept your settings.
6) To set more Text Messages press FORWARD and repeat. To get back to TIME display, press MODE three times.
DATA: Enter Your Medical Alert (ICE) Information
1) Press MODE repeatedly until DATA BANK appears.
2) Press FORWARD until NAME or the Data you want to enter appears.
3) Press and Hold ADJUST until a blinking line (cursor) appears.
4) Enter your Data by pressing FORWARD or REVERSE
to select desired letter, number, character or space between words.
5) Press MODE to move to the next character. To go back and correct a previous character, press and hold MODE and the cursor will go backwards.
6) Once NAME is entered completely, press ADJUST to accept your settings.
7) To enter your next Data, press FORWARD and repeat.Possible Data: NAME - Your name and phone number.
ALERT - Alert information (user conditions, i.e. diabetic, pace maker, hemophiliac, etc.).
ALLERGIC - Allergic reactions (i.e. penicillin, bee sting, etc.)
DOCTOR - Doctor and phone number.
CONTACT - Emergency contact person and phone number
BLOOD - Blood type.
BIRTHDAY - Date of birth.
INSURER - Health insurance company and phone number.
POLICY# - Health insurance policy number.
S.S.# - Social Security number (optional).
CARD# - Credit Card (charge card) number and expiration date.
8) To get back to TIME display, press MODE two times.
ACTIVATE: Turn ON All Alarms
With the ACTIVATE setting you can choose to have your Alarms to beep (YES) or to be quiet (NO). The quiet mode (NO) can be used during sensitive occations such as in church or during meetings.
1) Press MODE repeatedly until ACTIVATE appears.
2) Press FORWARD or REVERSE to select YES for ALL ALARMS TO BEEP or NO for ALL ALARMS TO BE QUIET.
3) To get back to TIME display, press MODE one time.
Reset ALL Settings
If you want to start over with your settings, or if you have changed the battery, you must RESET the watch by pressing and holding down all four (4) buttons on the side at once for five (5) seconds.
THIS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR SETTINGS.